The Stonehaven Fireballs Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you put in your fireball?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stonehaven Fireballs Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firechucker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: What do you put in your fireball? Reply with quote

I'm going to be swinging a fireball for the first time this year ( woohoo! Very Happy ) - any tips from the old hands as to what I should put in my fireball? Is newspaper and card alone enough or do I need something more substantial in there as well? Any advice would be most appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Fireball Contents Reply with quote

Anything that is 'natural' can go in to your 'ball. Coal, wood, cotton, paper ( unprinted & not shiney is prefered), pine cones, and wool are all possible. Whats not acceptable is - plastic, nylon, rubber ( I know its a natural product but it burns with a hell of a reek & is not nice to walk behind), Diesel to fuel it - basicly any 'man made' material as they tend to burn at too high a temprature and drip burning hot residue. These have been used in the past and spectators and other 'swingers have been spashed with the result.
What can make a real difference is how tightly you pack what you are making your 'ball with. Don't cram the cage with your magic mix as you'll put the wire under too much pressure and it could fail, rather roll the ingrediants up tightly or tie them tightly together with strips of old denim jeans, towels or tee shirts. (the fabric will soak up the paraffin that you get on the night).
firebug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: posting comments Reply with quote

This is 'Firebug' I posted the reply to 'Firechuckers's request about what to put into his 'ball. I haven't quite got the technique right yet so I came up as 'Guest' - it'll do the same again I suppose.
firechucker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta firebug. I guessed it was you. To have posts shown as being from yourself you need to login first. If you don't, the post will appear as being from the default Guest user.

Looks like I'll need to search out some old tee shirts and jeans then...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stonehaven Fireballs Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: